Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Survived!


Well, I survived Thanksgiving!
Cooking the holiday meal for my family is truly a joy ... seriously ... however by the end of the day, I am ready for the family to go home so I can crash in front of the TV and just 'veg out'.
I have used my week of vacation to create some new pieces and got them posted on my Etsy shop -- check it out! http://CreateJoy.etsy.com . I have been busy, busy, busy. I am very pleased with the new pieces - including this little jewel -- "Strawberry Bling". The faceted quartz remind me of strawberries -- just starting to ripen. The sterling beads give it a very 'rich' look and it is just fun to wear!
Now, I am working on some new designs for my "Prayer Bracelets". I have just a basic design listed on the Etsy shop -- but have some great ideas I need to make. I really love the "Prayer Bracelet" basic design - the beautiful Swarovski Crystals really make it even more special to wear.
My mom has arthritis in her hands and I am designing several bracelets that are stretch - so my clients do not have to fumble with a clasp. So many of the stretch bracelets are quiet simply 'cheap' looking - so it is very important that my designs still have the high quality stones and metals and look just as 'rich' as a bracelet with a clasp.
Well -- better get back to the design desk so I can get these ideas out of my head and onto paper.
Blessings to you all ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the Create Joy Studios blog. I really appreciate your feedback!